The Prince Family

The Prince Family

Thursday, August 29, 2013

DIY Teacher Gifts

Matthew starts Preschool this coming Tuesday morning. It will be a big day for all of us. In many ways, I feel totally ready to let go and in others, I feel quite protective. He has already met both of his teachers and a few fellow classmates, and he enjoyed every single one.

As a former teacher, I thought it would be nice for Matthew and I to make his teachers a little gift for the beginning of the year. We decided to make Teacher Survival Kits and completed them this afternoon. Here's how the process played out:


We went to CVS and the Dollar Store and bought the fillings for the Survival Kits. We decided to put inside: tissues, TicTacs, Airborne, hand sanitizer, pens, chap stick, notepads, and a cookie from Potomac Bakery. Technically, I could have baked the cookies myself, but for 60 cents a piece, it was worth not having to turn on the oven in this heat! The bags contents total cost about $10 a piece. Not bad.


 I printed this graphic from the internet and then filled in information like the title of the gift, teacher's name, school year, and Matthew's name with Crayola markers. Matthew then used crayons to decorate the labels in his own original way.



 Here are the finished products.We used freezer storage bags as the actual container and since I already had those laying around, they didn't cost anything. Matthew is excited to have something for his teachers on the first day of school, and I think they will be excited to receive them. Not bad for one of my first DIY projects!

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful idea, Danielle! I bet Matthew's teachers are going to be pretty psyched to get their goodie bags:) I'll have to remember to do something like this when Conor starts school.

    ReplyDelete