The Prince Family

The Prince Family

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Five Faves

1. *NSYNC Reuniting!

I can still do parts of this dance to Bye, Bye, Bye. Yet I can't remember anything about Physics. Interesting. :)

I loved every second of their performance, and I only wish it had lasted longer. They still got it going on almost 10 years later! Love them. Totally made my week, and yes, I have watched it over and over again. Lance is still my favorite. (Yeah, I know that's strange.)

2.Cartwheel App by Target

So many of you probably already know about this awesome app, but I just happened to come upon it this past weekend. Basically, you put the app on your phone and then add deals to your cart. When you go to the checkout, you have them scan the bar code on the app and the discounts are automatically applied. On top of that, you can use coupons and get the deals that are already on in the store ad. Pretty cool. It saved us a bunch of money shopping there last week. You even get discounts on milk!

3. Teen Mom 3

As if Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2 weren't enough of a train wreck, now comes another group of young women to show us just how hard parenting is as a teenager. So why is this a fave? Do I enjoy watching young girls make messes out of their lives? No, not at all. But I do happen to believe that this show does in fact do a wonderful job at explaining just how hard being a teen parent can be. I would hope other young girls watching the show learn a lesson through these young women who are brave enough to share their stories. I only wish they had featured another couple like Catelynn and Tyler from Teen Mom who chose adoption. In a round about way, the show is extremely prolife, and I think it does a much better job of showing teenagers what parenthood is all about than that goofy mechanical "Baby Think It Over" doll.

4. Long Weekends

I have five, glorious nights off from tutoring starting tomorrow night. I am pumped. I love my job, I do. But I just need a little break. The month of September is already booked solid (and actually overbooked some weeks in the case of cancellations) and I know leaving the house Monday through Thursday at 4:30pm and getting home at 9:00pm is going to be exhausting! But it brings in money, and I can't complain. For now, I can just focus on the much needed nights off. And Brian has a three day weekend (as do most Americans!), and it's always great to get some extra sleep and family time in.

5. My Hubby

Six years ago yesterday, we officially became a couple and have been one ever since. That conversation about whether or not we should date exclusively has to be one of my favorites. Why we even needed to have the discussion is beyond me. We were already holding hands and cuddling. Becoming a couple was the next natural thing! But we did have that awkward conversation, and I'm glad. We never took a break from being a couple either (No typical Franciscan mid courtship break up going on here. That wasn't for us, but I totally understand why it could be a helpful and good tool in a relationship at a certain point) and will live that way for the rest of our lives. He is my best friend, and I love him more than anything else in the entire world. Who would've guessed that six years after becoming exclusive we'd be married with three kids? Wow. A lot can happen in six years for sure! I am so very blessed.

Me and my Prince :)

No comments:

Post a Comment