The Prince Family

The Prince Family

Friday, September 20, 2013

Seven Quick Takes

1. My Dream House
A while ago, we put an offer in on a house, had our offer accepted (with no counter from the seller), and then pulled our offer when the inspection on the house showed some major issues that we just didn't want to deal with in the long run. But I really don't think that was the house for us anyways. It was a bit too far from my parents' house, quite honestly (okay, so it was about 15 minutes instead of 5), but still, not in walking distance, so that had me a bit nervous. Since then, Brian and I have agreed that our number one area to find a house in is where my parents live now. We were looking around a few weeks ago, and my dream house popped up. It's on a flat street and is HUGE. It has five bedrooms, two baths...a typical big, old suburbs of Pittsburgh house. And it's cheap. Like dirt cheap.Why so cheap? Well, in the kitchen needs an updated floor and in the pictures, the beautiful finished attic clearly has signs of past water damage. Oh, and there's those holes in the dry wall. Minor really. (As Brian looks at me like I'm crazy.) But I love it. It has so much charm and potential. And it's big. It could hold a lot of kids. (Or stuff since after this lovely afternoon, I am done forever with having little ones around.) We were getting ready to send an email about going to see it when suddenly, the website showed it as contingent. :( I am not happy, and I dream of this house. But God has a plan...

2. Speaking of dreams....
This is totally random, but I slept soundly (meaning uninterrupted) for four whole hours last night. This has got to be a record. During that time, I had one very vivid dream. Was it about the house I love? Or future children? Or my dear grandparents who have since left this life? No, no, no. My dream was, of course, about the reality show, Million Dollar Listing, which Brian and I had just watched before turning in for the night. All the main realtors were in this dream, and they were all trying to get deals done...in my living room. It was a fun dream, and it was nice because we were all friends. But, oh how strange! When you wake up from dreams like that, you really start to think you are completely losing your mind. Totally random, but I had to share.

The guy on the far right, Josh Altman, is totally my dream realtor. He knows how to make a deal better than anyone else.

3. Want to Laugh?
Then click here. This is a voicemail of someone describing an accident scene that he just happens to witness. The accident, thank goodness, is not very serious, but his description will leave you laughing very, very hard. It's totally worth three minutes of your time.

4.

This is totally Pittsburgh. But this also happens to be my FAVORITE merge in the city. This is the only place you can drive aggressively and get away with it. The problems come when people don't know what they are doing and therefore come to a dead stop on the bridge. Um, way to cause an accident! Anyways, whenever I am feeling a bit frustrated, I know I can always take this way home and get some aggressions out. It's great. No, really, it is.

5. Big Brother Finale
The Big Brother Finale was on Wednesday of this past week. It was awesome! I LOVED every second,  especially the part where Dr. Will (one of the two greatest players to ever play the game) returned. Great times. I am a bit bummed that GinaMarie didn't take home the grand prize after she made the BIGGEST move of the entire season, but Andy did play quite the social game and did it well without really getting personal. It was fun to come home from lots of tutoring to watch on Wednesday night. Brian and I love that show and since it airs three nights a week, we are not sure what we will do with all the extra time on our hands...not to worry, though. Nashville and Grey's Anatomy both premiere this week! Whew! That was close!

6. What Happens When Mommy Goes to Clean Upstairs for 15 Minutes...


Me: How did Noah get in there?
Matthew: Well, I helped him!

As one of my friends said, It could be worse. At least they were laughing and not crying and actually, not destroying anything. With all the billions of toys they have, I should've known the bins would be their favorite thing.

7. The Hillbilly Way
Brian and I decided this week that we are going to head out to see them play the night before Thanksgiving at Saddleridge, so that had me listening to all of their music when I drove to tutoring this week. Never heard of them? You have no idea what you are missing! They are totally awesome and their live shows are some of the best.  Check them out here! The lead singer, Abby, is just totally amazing. Love him. (In fact, I will never forget when the original band, the Povertyneck Hillbillies, performed at Franciscan and Abby did the Hillbilly Shake and since then, no secular band has ever been invited back. I, however, chose to master the Hillbilly Shake! See, I have left the bubble!)

My two favorite Hillbillies, Abby and Junior. :)

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment